Want to set your home apart from the rest? Learn the tricks of the trade to attract buyers and prepare your home to hit the market!
1. Don’t neglect pre-sale maintenance
- You may not think that a squeaky door hinge will make a difference, but attention to detail all adds up to create an overall positive impression.
- Don’t underestimate the impact of a fresh lick of paint.
- Painting a front door or fence is one of the most impactful things you can do to increase the curb appeal of your property.
2. High-value renovations
- Kitchens and bathrooms can make or break a sale, so prioritise refreshing these areas first.
- Update any carpet that is clearly past its prime.
- Refinish hardwood floors if they are tired and scratched.
3. Create a blank canvas
- We always recommend sticking with a tried-and-true neutral colour palette when it comes to walls. Neutral walls work best for complementing staging furniture and accessories, without throwing off potential buyers.
4. ‘It’s not clean until it’s pristine.’
- Presenting a sparkling clean home is imperative to increasing the appeal of your property.
- Ensure your windows are crystal clear to really showcase the view from your home and brighten up interiors.
- You might be a dog or cat person, but you can’t be sure how prospective buyers will feel about that. Remove all evidence of pet hair, beds, food bowls and toys.
5. Banish all clutter!
- De-personalise your home by removing photos, toiletries, and other quirky sentimental items.
- A professional home stylist can assist in identifying what items can stay and what needs to be hidden out of sight as unnecessary clutter.
6. Spruce up outdoor entertaining areas
- Pressure wash pavements to remove dust and grime.
- Clean and restain your deck.
- Update outdoor furniture
7. Give your lawn some love
- Give your lawn a little extra TLC by weeding, mowing and edge-trimming.
- Use ‘grass paint’ to revitalise a patchy lawn.
- For seriously neglected lawns, consider laying new turf for an instant facelift.
8. Let nature in
- Open windows and ensure that the house is well aired before a showing.
- Incorporate natural greenery into your home to provide a sense of vibrancy.
- Opt for hypoallergenic low-pollen flowers such as tulips or daffodils on the dining room table to add an optimistic pop of colour.
9. Invest in professional home staging
10. Back everything up with an effective marketing campaign
- Ensure that your online listing highlights the lifestyle features of the property, such as outdoor entertaining areas and open-plan living spaces, which are most likely to attract buyers.
- Consider using drone photography or video marketing to make your sales campaign stand out from the crowd.
Contact us today to speak to one of our expert property stylists to discuss how home staging and furniture rental packages could maximise the sale value of your home, taking it from drab to fab!
Our Top 5 Favourite Space-Saving Hacks for Kitchens
How to Embrace the Mid-Century Trend: Key Style Notes to Look Out for